IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: luke saunders
About
User Name: luke saunders
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 25
[0.14% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: XML Attributes to new nodes (SOLVED)
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2016 7:26:54 AM
Thank you for your help... Can't believe I didnt think of it
Topic: XML Attributes to new nodes (SOLVED)
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 9:53:35 AM
Im not sure how to achive the below but basically I have the below data:
<Parents>
<Parent>
<Child Name="FirstName">Bob</Child>
<Child Name="LastName">Cleaty</Child>
<Child Name="Age">12</Child>
</Parent>
<Parent>
<Child Name="FirstName">Dave</Child>
<Child Name="LastName">Harris</Child>
<Child Name="Age">11</Child>
</Parent>
</Parents>

How do I make this to the below based on the fact there could be multiple child nodes.

<Parents>
<Parent>
<FirstName>Bob</FirstName>
<LastName>Cleaty</LastName>
<Age>12</Age>
</Parent>
<Parent>
<FirstName>Dave</FirstName>
<LastName>Harris</LastName>
<Age>11</Age>
</Parent>
</Parents>

Topic: Flowforce - parent-directory
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:56:27 PM
I have noticed that flow force has the above function avaliable, however im not too sure how it is used and if what i am trying to achive is possible.

I basically have multiple triggers and want to be able to move the trigger file in to its own "processed" folder. I thought I could achive this with a file move to the below:

tiggerfile = "/mnt/ftp/user1/out/sample.xml"

concat(parent-directory("{triggerfile}"),'/processed/')

however this does not appear to work. Has anyone has got this working before?
Topic: How to insert an empty string in a EDIFACT field?
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:56:39 AM
I may be wrong but im sure if the field contains nothing then edifact standard dictates is wont exist, so what you may be trying to do is not correct
Topic: BST and the Now function
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:55:30 AM
Im sure there is a simply solution for this however i have mapping that checks the current time and sets a date based on a cut off. This appears to be working fine untuil the UK clocks changed. Where can i get a function where it always passes the UK datetime? I can only see that you can pass a timezone in minutes so this doesn't look to cater for the adjustment in uk clocks?

Any help would be great.

Luke
Topic: Can you convert a duration into Minutes?
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:09:16 AM
that wrote:
If you don't need the exact time difference anyway, you can simply compare "now" and your cut-off time with the "greater" function. Make sure that you also connect "now" via the "timezone" function to the "timezone" input of your datetime-from-parts function.

Great suggestion I think i tried this without the timezone and it didnt work but it appears to be working so thanks for you assistance
Topic: Can you convert a duration into Minutes?
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 11:17:22 AM
A basic Back ground

In a mapping I set a due out date column (csv) for an order based on a cut off. The cut off is 15:30 so what i am looking to achieve is the ability to say "is it pass 15:30" if so set to tomorrow otherwise today".

What I have got working

I have got this working using below, but the "inutes rom duration"just gives me the minute portion of the duration not the duration represented in minutes (i hope that makes sense):

Topic: Spliting customer orders
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:22:41 PM
Goog Afternoon,

I have a requirement where i need split a customers order by product name (XML order file). The product name is basically the product group or type (Ambient, frozen, chilled, Box). So a customer can order something that contains for example:

2 X Chocolate bars (Ambient)

1 x Frozen peas (Frozen)

What we want to do is split the order so it results in one order for the Ambient and one for the frozen and so forth. The "Order reference" field would then contain the original order reference plus the name ambient, frozen etc.

I have added below a picture of the XML order data we have to aid with the concept. The only slight complication is if a customer orders anything that contains a "Box" product name then we do not want to split the order and want one order that which can have a reference with BOX in the order reference. The reason for this is the order order is then boxed within this so needs to be packed together.

I have done very limited work with groups but the Box senario is a difficult one for me to visualise or conceptually work out.

Any assistance would be greatly received.

Topic: Simple Email Attachement
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:55:44 PM
I have a flow force job that monitors a directory for xlsx files and emails them. The issue is the attachment is always a .dat file and has a different name?
Is there a way I can achieve this in flow force so that it attaches the file as its named with its extension?

Luke
Topic: Check Directory Exists
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:20:10 PM
Is there a function or way in a mapping to check if a directory exists? in a boolean type function?

I have a concatenated file in which I want to split the contents based on an owner field so that I can put that content of the file into a folder of the same name. However I would like to check for the directory as part of the mapping so if the directory is not there then the file is put instead into a gneric folder called "noowner".

I hope this makes sense

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.