IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: cctay1982
About
User Name: cctay1982
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location Isle of Man
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.03% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: MapForce - Loading XSD with Assert or Assertion
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 1:50:59 PM
Hi,

I seem to get an error stating that its unable to load my XSD schema file if it contains an <xsd:Assert> or <xsd:Assertion>?
Sure enough, if I take them out of all my simpletypes, it loads perfectly well.

Surely MapForce 2017 x64 can handle schema assertions? If not, is there a way round it?

Many thanks
Craig
Topic: Which Altova product to use....
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 11:47:45 AM
Excellent, thank you very much, I will take a look.

Thanks for such a quick response!
Much appreciated....

Craig
Topic: Which Altova product to use....
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 11:15:43 AM
Hi,

I'm struggling to identify which Altova product will allow me to produce a new XML file based around the errors generated from an original XML file (validated against a schema).

For example, say I have an XML file, which when validated against a schema using XMLSpy, it generates 10 different errors.

I would like an application that will allow me to handle each of those errors, and report all the errors in one new XML file (against a new schema) also containing data elements from the original XMLfile. Is this possible with any existing Altova applications?

So, lets say the original XML file contains multiple elements, two of which are <FirstName> and <SecondName>.
I want to export the 10 errors (with an error description) including the <FirstName> and <SecondName> for each error.

Any help with be greatly appreciated.....

many thanks
Craig
Topic: How to log ALL errors...is this possible?
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:13:02 PM
Hi,

I am currently using XMLSpy Professional 2011 and in the middle of upgrading to 2015 Professional edition, and would like to know whether its possible to validate an XML file against a schema, and for it to log or display all errors, rather than display and have to fix each error in turn?

I appreciate this is not a support forum, so a simply yes or no will surfice :)

Many thanks
Craig

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.