IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: john_gregg
About
User Name: john_gregg
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: XMLSpy default save location
Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:14:33 PM
All,

I'm using XMLSpy Pro 2014, though older versions had this same issue.

Is there a way to change the default save location? When I opened XMLSpy this morning, the default save location was the last directory in which I opened a file yesterday. Now I want to use "save all" to save multiple files, but for each one, XMLSpy still opens the save dialog to that same dir from yesterday, which bears no relationship to what I'm doing today. For each file I want to save, I have to click 6-8 times to get to the right directory. These new files I'm saving are all related to each other and I want to save them all to the same location, but they're not at all related to the files I was working on yesterday. Is there any way to change this behavior? It seems broken. If there is going to be default behavior on open and save dialogs, it would make a lot more sense to default to the previous location, not to the last thing I happened to be doing before I quit XMLSpy last time.

thanks

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.