IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: petar_b
About
User Name: petar_b
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.02% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: custom code generation in eclipse integration
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:23:39 PM
vlad wrote:
Why do you say that UModel has no Eclipse plugin if it there is free UModel Integration Package, which includes plugins for Visual Studio and Eclipse?

Sorry, didn't realize we were talking about Integration Package..
Topic: System boundary
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:11:51 AM
System boundary in enterprise applications can be application domain or security realm, or network - which is then only a conceptual term. (Package might not be the best way so show it). Term is conceptual, can't relate simply to the code you have, can you point java code which depicts system boundary ?

As UModel is declaring itself as round-trip engineering, not the conceptual UML drawing ting, I am bit afraid there is a a mismatch of capabilities.

However, UModel could add some basic drawing elements in the tool, doesn't look like big deal storing few boxes and lines in their project file... why not asking for a feature... If UModel would add some features it would quickly reach and pass competition. It's up to them and their resources I guess.
Topic: custom code generation in eclipse integration
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:57:18 AM
Hi Ruuddb,

I am not sure if i got your question clearly, but if i did, then...

UModel is not written in java, therefore having UModel as plugin for Eclipse will not be possible. Eclipse plugins have to have exact structure and compliance to the plugin framework.

I compared UModel with other major big players on the UML market, and I must say UModel does the great job by allowing us to open Eclipse .project file. While other tools ask too many questions about locating classes and sources, UModel doesn't ask anything. This can be very annoying for enterprise projects, UModel got it right.

When it comes to "custom code generation", I use eclipse to add code, then I update diagram (right click) in UModel and I get my code visualized. That's how I bridge gaps when something isn't possible in UML.

vriendelijke groeten

Topic: Newbie: add LifeLine and calls from the function.
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:26:02 AM
Hi,

I have generated sequence diagram from code; it looks good. I added one more LifeLine to existing diagram by drag-drop a class from the left side; now i have the LifeLine.

I need to tell UModel to draw me flows of a *function* that exists in that class. I can't find a way to do so, is it possible ?

Thx in adv.

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.