IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: soalightning
About
User Name: soalightning
Forum Rank: Newbie
Location Phoenix, AZ (USA)
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: New Feature Request - Support for MTOM, SOAP w/Attachments
Posted: Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:34:38 PM
vlad wrote:
Doesn't the feature "Insert encoded External File" where you can choose base16 or base64 encoding actually do what you want?

Thanks Vlad.

However and while I can emulate base64 encoded with this technique (simple, embedding encoded content as element data in payload of a message), I have not been able get the SOAP Client or validation to correctly recognize the MTOM recommendation or SOAP with Attachments. I've read the user guide, but it doesn't speak to the requirements of those specifications (e.g. things like xop).

e.g.
http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-mtom/
http://www.w3.org/TR/xop10/

Perhaps I am missing something ?
Topic: New Feature Request - Support for MTOM, SOAP w/Attachments
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:32:09 PM
Feature Request for: MTOM and also for SOAP w/Attachments (consideration for MIME, xop, base64 binary encoding)

Currently, the XML Spy Enterprise 2014 does not provide support for attachments (e.g. MTOM, SOAP w/Attachments, xop). There is support for base64 encoding, but at more of an xsi type level (schema) than with encoded attachments.

It would be a great feature if I could use the SOAP Client and submit/receive attachments (MTOM, SOAP w/Attachments)

I searched the forums and the only posts I could find were questions from 2008/2009 re: MTOM and xop. The response was not supported.

THis is 2014 and MTOM is becoming more frequently applied for SOAP/Web Services.

Thanks

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova Terms of Use.