IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

marshalling / serializing xml object Options · View
michel777
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:15:34 PM

Hi,

because of lack of capabilities of user defined function we need to put the whole xml input object as is (without parsing) and generate the xml output object on the same way.

That required a kind of function "mahrshalling / serializing" - unmarshalling / deserializing" of an xml object. Is there such a function oder workaround ?

mahrshalling / serializing : XML object (with xml tags) -> string
unmahrshalling / deserializing : string -> XML object (with xml tags)

Thanks a lot in advance,

Michel
vlad
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2016 10:10:20 AM

Each XML component has a button File/String to switch from File save/loading to String save/loading (or like you say marshalling/unmarshalling). See documentation for details.
michel777
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2016 10:54:14 AM

Hi Vlad,

thanks a lot for your suggestion. But unfortunately MapForce does not support it for Java ("Structures which parse or serialize strings are not supported for Java. Please switch to the Built-in execution engine...)

Any ideas for workaround ?

Warm regards,

Michel
vlad
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2016 9:27:11 AM

No. The only suggestion I have is to finally give up going the complicated and expensive way with Java, and simply let MapForce Server perform any mapping without any limitations. I'm pretty sure the time you invested just to find out how to do everything costs a lot more than the MapForce Server license.

Just my 2 cents...