IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Accessing OpaqueAction's properties in code Options · View
jbe
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:24:09 PM

Hello all,

I'm writing a piece of code to add domain-specific data to Activity Diagrams, using UModel's C# API.

I'd like to use the Body property of the OpaqueAction to save my data. However, in my code-behind, I can't seem to access this property. IUMLOpaqueAction does contain OwnedDocCommentBody, which is also of type string. Using OwnedDocCommentBody works for now, although this solution isn't as clean as I'd like it to be.

The OpaqueAction's attributes:

The resulting XML (after adding the extra data to the OwnedDocCommentBody property):

I did find the Body and Language properties in a class called IUMLOpaqueExpression, although I cannot see the connection between this class and IUMLOpaqueAction.
http://manual.altova.com/umodel/umodelenterprise/index.html?umodelapi_iumlopaqueexpression.htm

Kind regards,

JBE
cor
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2016 8:50:16 AM

Hi JBE!

Unfortunately you are right - 'Body' and 'Language' properties are missing for IUMLOpaqueAction in the COM API and we will put this on the TODO for the next releases!
Sorry for the inconvenience!
jbe
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2016 10:59:31 AM

Hi Cor,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll be looking forward to the new release then.

Kind regards,
JBE