IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Embed PDF into SPS Options · View
chaitanyas
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 3:08:23 PM

Hi,

I have a static PDF which is about 20 pages long.

Instead of typing 20 pages into the SPS is there a way to just embed the PDF and Stylevision would just read the text in it automatically or I can also reference the PDF if Stylevision can link to it and read the text and formatting from the PDF?

Regards,
Chaitanya
chaitanyas
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2015 4:37:37 PM

Is this possible? anyone?
Irian
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:15:04 AM

If I understand correctly what you want is an overlay of a static PDF file with a dynamically generated one.

Assuming this is really what you need AFAIK there is no easy way to this in stylevision; but there is a way to do it after the dynamic PDF has been generated.

If you want to follow this approach you can try using PDFBox:

I'm sure there are other libraries out there that do the same thing, PDFBox is just one I've already used before.
island
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2015 10:19:09 AM

Quote:

Instead of typing 20 pages into the SPS is there a way to just embed the PDF and Stylevision would just read the text in it automatically or I can also reference the PDF if Stylevision can link to it and read the text and formatting from the PDF?

There is no way to do this using Stylevision.