IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

How much records can Altova Mapper process? Options · View
TEJ PRAKASH
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 11:32:22 AM

Hi All,

I want to know that how much records can be processed by altova mapforce ?

Actually I have 1,00,000 Record's txt file and converting it into xml records file as per my mapper but it got fail and thrown eception of " out of memory".

Is there any solution to process a big file or any range of records that altova mapforce supports?

Thanks
TEJ
vlad
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:52:38 PM

Are you using the newest MapForce version? As far as I know latest MapForce versions process conversion sequentially, as far as it is possible, which means no memory limit. This depends on your mapping too, of course.
Hyenas
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:59:35 PM

My experience is that the type of data input dramatically affects the output. Not the composition of the real information but how it is delivered.

Case point: XML based data extracts of EDI 834 data being translated to EDI 834 format was painfully slow. MapForce ground to a screeching halt even with data in the tens of thousands. However, when MapForce got the data from SQL Server as one row in a table per 834 member the translation speed went up literally by a factor of over a hundred times.