IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

XMLSpy Generated Code (C#) Options · View
tahirk555
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:45:54 AM

Hi,

I have been testing out the XMLSpy Enterprise application with a view to purchasing it and so far not had any issues (the UI is a bit clunky however).

One of the things I want to do is use the generated code to read in an XML file programmatically and eventually push some data into one of our databases.

So the first thing I did was create a new XMLSpy project, added an XML file, created a DTD schema from that file and validated it the XML file (All okay).

Next I generated the C# code which produced a small project for me. I started up the project and was able to then build the code and setup a small test harness however the problem is that when I use the guide written in the generated test project I get null results i.e. the Xml Document object is always empty regardless of what file I load in.

The test harness is simple, just a WinForm with an openFileDialog control that loads an selected Xml file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tahir
island
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:12:40 AM

Hi,

contact support and provide the schema that you have generated the code from, as well as the file you are trying to load and your test harness.