IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

XML to Excel Options · View
Mo
Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2014 12:29:08 PM

Hi,

I just downloaded the software to try that if it could convert XML file to excel or CSV. When I use convert to text file, it opens mapforce and display an error.

Fatal Error:I/O operation on file "failed.
Can anyone help me?

Mo attached the following image(s):
fatal.PNG

vlad
Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2014 12:31:42 PM

What do you mean by "When I use convert to text file"?
vlad
Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2014 1:42:15 PM

Ok, just realized what you did (I'm guessing, because you have not provided enough details).

By "just downloaded the software" you have meant that you have downloaded XML Spy.

And then you have chosen some of the commands which involve MapForce, but with a new XML file, which was not saved to disk - therefore an error in MapForce which you see.

Basically, if you have no specific requirements on how to convert - you should simply use command Convert/Export to Text Files, and choose here the radio button Convert XML into text files. You will get a result of conversion of which was done in a predefined way.

If you have to convert to some specific format and/or Excel, then you should completely stick to MapForce and not use XMLSpy for that purpose.