IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

XMLSpy possibilities Options · View
Guss
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 8:32:54 AM

I use XML spy for some projects, but now I have a Project that is a little bit bigger, so wanted to ask if this is possible with XML Spy and how.

We trying to develop a game. In the game are different resources (ex: wood, stone...). The resources are defined in an xml file.
In an other XML File are the buildings and their properties. And then there is a third xml file where the graphics are defined.
I want to make an authentic view for the game developer to easily add building. The user should select the produced resources in an drop-down menu (so I need access to the resources.xml) and should select the graphics of the building (so I need access to the graphics.xml).

Is it possible to make one authentic view and access all the XML files to show data of different xml files in this one authentic view? and what is the best approach for that?
vlad
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 8:37:34 AM

Yes, this is easily possible with one restriction - you can show data from as many files as you want, but you can only edit data in one of them - in your case buildings, if I got you right.

To do so you simply add your files as Sources in StyleVision.
Guss
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 8:49:43 AM

OK! Thank you.
So I need Style Vision.
I just see altova authentic. What is the difference between altova xmlspy authentic view and altova authentic and do you think altova authentic might be the right tool for me or should i use altova style vision and xml spy?
vlad
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 9:32:45 AM

I would recommend to read documentation a bit, because you are asking very basic questions.

You design SPS files for Authentic with Altova StyleVision. It doesn't matter whether you use Authentic View in XMLSpy or Authentic as such though.