IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Assign Schema that includes multiple files? Options · View
jsorge
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 3:13:40 PM

Hello,
I'm brand new to the XMLSpy product and trying to create a new XML document based on a schema that includes parts from another file. When I assign the schema to my new document, it doesn't pull in all the references that I"m needing. I'm including the schema that I'm trying to use (it's the import_customers_request.xsd file), and it's supposed to read from the coTypes file. Am I missing something here? Thanks.
jared

File Attachment(s):
XSDs.zip (11kb) downloaded 393 time(s).

vlad
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 5:43:17 PM

First, you forgot to attach other schema files which are referenced by the two schemas - at least itemTypes.xsd is missing.

Second, your coTypes.xsd is full of simple and complex type definitions and only a single global element 'discount'. When you say "it doesn't pull' I assume you wanted to see more elements of initial choice, but there is nothing to choose, beside 'import_customers_request' and 'discount'. The complex types will be reflected when you work with child elements of those two. For example, 'import_customers_request' is defined as an extension of COEnvelope, so it mostly consists of elements defined in coTypes.xsd