IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

How to move all files of a directory to the ftp server Options · View
zaskar1
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 1:51:15 PM

Hello,

i want to move all my created files to a ftp Server. the Connection seems fine but i have Problems with the source and target file. I tried and started with just move one file to the ftp Server. That worked but i dont know how i can put the whole files of the Directory in the ftp.

Thanks in advance!
Priya
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 9:20:10 PM

Hello All,

I'm trying to retrieve files from FTP server to local drive using Flow Force Server and FTP Retrieve job.
I can able to retrieve one file by defying source file name (Example.csv), but I wanted to retrieve dynamic files as Exampledatetime1, Exampledatetime2 etc.
Please let me know what parameters I need to provide in the job. Thanks!

Regards
Priya
mkirkpatrick
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:26:44 PM

This is an old topic, but I'll post some advice anyway. In your FlowForce job, you want a new for-each step. Then use the list-files function to get all the files inside the directory. Inside the loop, use filename-with-extension (or just filename) to get the name of the individual file so you can move/ftp it.

The result looks like this.
K101
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2016 11:47:15 AM

Exactly. Or, use another FTP command-line application such as cURL which can handle wildcards.
nirmal
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 2:55:46 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to use this in sequence method to retrieve folder from FTP location as well ? I need to retrieve Linux based ftp location which deploy in different server in that case how can I do this?

Please be kind enough to provide feedback about this.

mkirkpatrick wrote:
This is an old topic, but I'll post some advice anyway. In your FlowForce job, you want a new for-each step. Then use the list-files function to get all the files inside the directory. Inside the loop, use filename-with-extension (or just filename) to get the name of the individual file so you can move/ftp it.

The result looks like this.
mkirkpatrick
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 1:17:20 PM

I'm not sure I follow your question. If I understand correctly, you are wanting to get a list of sub-directories on a remote FTP server. This is not possible with FlowForce's built-in ftp functions.

You could set up a command line ftp client on the machine that houses the FlowForce server. You could then use the \system\shell\commandline function to connect to the remote ftp server, then call "dir" to list the directories. This will return a result to FlowForce, which you should be able to convert to a sequence using the other built-in functions.

Not sure if this is what you're after, but hopefully it helps a little.