IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Reverse engineering, error while deleting the .ump file. Options · View
pam
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2016 11:01:38 AM

Hi,

I have Altova UModel 2016. I am new to using it. Trying to reverse engineer VB.NET project. By selecting Project-->'Import Source Directory', I generated the model tree for 1st time and it created the .ump file. But now I want discard that .ump file and reverse engineer the same project again. So I am closing the Altova Umodel, deleting the .ump file, and then selecting Project-->'Import Source Directory' option again, but seems somehow it still refers to deleted .ump file and shows a bunch of 'already exists' errors as below:

Adding Property 'Label1' to Class 'Root::PSO::scheduledActivity' failed, because it already exists

Can you please tell how I can discard already created .ump file and do reverse engineering of the project with new .ump file..
K101
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 12:04:32 PM

When you quit UModel and launch it again, it attempts to load the last-used project file. So, before you import again, open the File menu and select, "New".

You can change this behavior by disabling ""Open last project on program start" in Tools/Options/File.