IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

MFD Save Taking Forever Options · View
Intoil
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 10:21:35 PM

All,

I've completed many MapForce mappings and everyone has performed very well when I try to save the actual mapping file (MFD) to disk.

I have this one mapping that I am working on now and it is taking forever (3+ minutes) to save. I've had many other mappings that were far more complicated than this on the same server that save in seconds. This is a beefy Windows Server 2012 server and based on past experience and my current experience with other mappings, I know it is not the server itself.

My source is a SQL Server database on the same server as MF and my target is an XML file on the same server, different spindle. Again, other more complicated mappings than this save very quickly. I believe there is something in this mapping that is causing MF to save very slowly for some reason.

I've gone through the mapping and have stripped stuff out trying to isolate the problem, but no luck.

Two Questions:

Is anyone aware of any known mapping issues (e.g., splitting a target schema using the create variable for Target Node, using the built-in execution engine, etc) that would result in a file taking this long to save?
Is there any way to turn off the 'validate on save' function? I save frequently and it's annoying to have to wait each time.

Thank You!
island
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 4:50:42 AM

Hi,

I would suggest contacting Altova Support and providing them with your mapping file and all associated files i.e xml schema(s), sql scripts (to recreate souce database structure) and also stating exactly which version of Mapforce you are using, The user forum will be of little help to you for the type of problem you are encountering. With regards to mapping validation, there is no way to disable it when saving.