IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

hide rows in pdf output Options · View
cos
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:14:21 PM

the documentation seems to ambigious.

1. Does stylevision suport hiding rows in a table, including the row borders? - PDF output.

2. Table properties suggests it does: hide 'when empty', 'when body empty'. Practically setting any value seems to make no difference - nothing is ever hidden. Also the docs dont define what body means - Can any body clarify how it works?

3. The help say RHC to access "Edit Conditional Processing command" a means to control show & hide col & rows. No way can I locate a this command - the nearest I can find is condition based output, which does work but has nothing to do with rows or columns (though it can wrap & hide a whole table).

Basicall I'm stuck - can it be done & how - pointer to an example would be great.

vlad
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:20:24 PM

Yes, it does. Right click the row symbol (black triangle button) and use "Edit conditional processing..." - here you can enter any XPath statement to make data dependent row hiding
cos
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:03:40 AM

Thanks for the reply, its much appreciated.

Unfortunately I'd gotten that far with the help docs. But I have made a part breakthrough the feature 'Edit Conditional Processing' is only available 'if & only if' you first select 'Table / View Table markup'

With 100's of rows. this mechanis is pretty tedious. have you any idea how to get the Table properties 'hide rows' attribute to work, it has values 'never', if empty' & 'if body empty' they look like just the job - but they just dont seem to be functional features.
cos
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:29:54 AM

Worked it out.

Table properties features only work in HTML output.