IMPORTANT:
this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here. If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

xslt 2.0 function failed Options · View
new
Posted: Sunday, February 1, 2009 11:20:54 PM

hi all

i'm totally new in this subject and my problem is probably easy to solve..

i have problem with f.e. tokenize funcion as i get:
ERROR: 'Error checking type of the expression 'funcall(tokenize, [step("child", 3), literal-expr(,)])'.'
FATAL ERROR: 'Could not compile stylesheet'

i was using only eclipse when this error appeared 1st time, so i integrated it with xmlspy (automatic integration choosen).
now the xsl file where i use tokenize is valid, i can debug it with no errors, debugger can go through all file to the end (as i'm printing sth out there)

the project runs (as java application) correctly after removing all xslt 2.0 functions (so tokenize, exists, empty, string-join)

Did i miss sth in settings??

great thanks
paul
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 8:29:23 AM

Hello,

From your description it sounds likely that the processor you are using from within Eclipse simply does not support XSLT 2. Perhaps you might like to incorporate our free AltovaXML engine instead...
new
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:43:19 AM

i chose xmlspy as i thought it contains also xslt procesor

thanks
paul
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 8:18:33 AM

Hello,

From your original submission I formed the impression that the problem did not manifest when using the XMLSpy Eclipse integration component (which does of course incorporate both XLST 1 and 2 engines), but rather when processing the XSLT file from within a Java application.

At this stage I think the best thing would be for you to submit a bug report (along with your files) via our Support Center, and we'll be happy to take a look at things in more detail.